Thursday, April 2, 2009

From main blog (Coleman Chaosity) 1st April 2009

We did finally start Time 4 Learning. DBall did a lot of math yesterday, and some language arts + Science today. He really likes the Science best, but they have very few of them on that site/program. Going to have to send him to Celeste's for Science enrichment activities every week.

In regards to homeschooling, I kind of wonder why I'm not worried. I mean, I can't actually figure out what my mindset on the topic is. I thought I would be concerned that I couldn't do it, or that he would be "behind" (behind what exactly, I don't know). I haven't ruled out putting him back in public school if we decide that's what he needs, but for the moment I don't think that's what he needs. He was a pretty good bit ahead anyway, but I hope I'm not subconsciously slacking because I figure "he's ahead of the game anyway....."? I'll have to ponder it some more. I've prayed about it, and I still feel like this is the right thing to do. I'm still surprised that I'm not more worried for some reason.

Today we had TreeHouse and that went pretty well. I asked him if he liked all 3 of the classes he's taking there (I have to pay for them, after all) and he indicated that the first one wasn't "all that". I asked if he'd like to drop it, and he said,"No, I don't hate it... and I do have friends in that class!"LOL. There's only 3 people total in the class.

Tomorrow is library, plus T4L and typing in the afternoon I'm thinking. I totally forgot about typing today- I should write that down. I didn't get my daily chore done today, but tomorrow is open so I can work it in there. Presently I don't even recall what it is. I really love the vacuuming days since we got Paco (the roomba).

No comments:

Post a Comment