Thursday, February 26, 2009

A little more official

Yesterday I told DBall's 2nd grade teacher that I would be pulling him out at 9 weeks and homeschooling him. She was not impressed, to say the least. I actually was surprised by her reaction. She informed me that she wasn't a fan, and she was extremely concerned about socialization with other children and adults. I personally don't think this could possibly be a problem, but I've noted her concerns. They also don't love that he's one of their best students, and with all the illegal aliens their standardized test scores may not be quite as high without him.

I also filled out the intent to homeschool and Ace & I turned it in at the Springdale Administration offices this morning. I'm excited! I'm in the process of signing him up for three afternoon classes at the Treehouse. He will only have 4 more times to go really before the end of the semester, but it'll give him an opportunity to try it out before going for one full day a week starting in the Fall.

Alright I've got to check the night's lineup, and see about the weather (it's thundering, lightening and raining- Oh My!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, cool. I didn't know you were planning to homeschool! Can I hook you up with my homeschooling SIL?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! That would be fabulous! I'm a little nervous, but my mom did it for years with my youngest 3 sibs, and I'm fairly certain I can do it. :D School stresses DBall out, and hopefully he will be able to relax more and actually come to enjoy learning at home.

    ReplyDelete