Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Books I've requested for DBall from the local library....

DBall really like cartoons/comics. He was for several weeks "reading" huge volumes of old Peanuts comics. Then he found Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Unfortunately there's only 4 books in the entire Wimpy Kid series.... so now he's back to moaning and complaining about how he hates to read. (clearly the boy gets this from his father- I'd rather read than eat half the time). Today I was searching online for books that might peak his interest, and I ran across a few on Amazon that looked at least somewhat promising. I was able to locate them in our local library system soI "requested" them there, and hopefully in the next few days they will have them ready for me to pick up. Tomorrow would be ideal since it's "library day"- but I'm not overly optimistic they'll all be available by then. Certainly the ones in the actual Springdale library should be able to be gathered off the shelves by then, so he should have SOMETHING to read for the next few days anyway. Here's a brief list of some of the books we're hoping will be worth reading, to an almost 8 y/o who insists he "hates to read":

Andrew Lost On the Dog
Nate the Great
Gecko and Sticky
Lawn Boy
39 Clues Maze of Bones
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Animal Rescue Club
Detective Camp

Well that's a few of them anyway.I hope he likes them. He's going to read them either way, but it would really be more peaceful of me if he didn't feel compelled to complain about it the whole entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment