Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ha haaaa!

I've been wanting to write down all my pregnancy info, but worried that since we haven't announced to the general public that we are expecting- we're hoping this is a full-term pregnancy but w/past experience we're really uncertain- that more people would be on the band-wagon than we had intended if I posted on facebook notes or even on my regular blog.  Since only sweet Alissa follow this particular blog, perhaps no one else will bother to look over here. =) (And Alissa knows)

So I took the pregnancy test at Celeste's house the afternoon of Thursday, April 29.  It came back really positive, really quickly.  So I called Dr. Pres. Bradford from the bathroom, and told (Pres Bradford's wife, actually, answered the phone at his office) a brief history of me and set up an appointment for the next morning.  D-Ball had to miss the Rocky Branch One Room School House activity we had signed up for, but it couldn't be avoided b/c Pres. Bradford had surgeries the rest of that day.

So I went in, he drew blood, we chatted briefly.  He said I could walk slowly in a straight flat line (not fast, no inclines) but that's all I could do for exercise.  And nothing to raise my blood pressure. He prescribed prometrium because my progesterone has always been too low in the past, and told me to take over the weekend and come back on Monday for more bloodwork.


I went in the following Monday, and the hCG from Friday was 1800, but progesterone was only 13.6 (it needed to be 15 or better).  I had to keep taking the prometrium, and he drew blood for both hCG and progesterone again, and did a pap smear.   The next morning they told me my hCG was up to 19.4 (with prometrium) and whatever hCG was it had gone up appropriately.

This past Monday was 6 weeks 3 days, and we all (A-ball,D-ball & I) went in for an ultrasound. The baby was in the uterus as it should be, and we could see the little heartbeat and everything measured just right.  The ultrasound measured in at 6weeks 4 days, so it was only one day off.

Today I had my first appointment with Dr. Laura Collins' office.  It was the one where they go over my entire past medical history, which thankfully they still have a lot of it from when Dr. Bradford was with that practice.  I updated them with bladder sling, pannectomy, and gastric bypass info and current meds.  They drew blood for I'm not certain what, but she included a TSH to see if we need to adjust my synthroid while pregnant.  I asked if I could do more exercise now, and she politely replied,"Are you under the impression that you are not high-risk?"  I told I thought I would be less so now, since losing 100 lbs (OBVIOUSLY I still need to lost 50-70 more, but still!) and I'm no longer diabetic, hypertensive, or have sleep apnea.  She said I might be minimally less high-risk, but it "doesn't count" and I can still only walk slowly in a straight flat line.  She pointed out the big, red "High-risk" stickers posed all over my medical charts just to reinforce it.

I have an appointment next Tuesday with Dr. Collins herself, who will do a full exam, possibly another ultrasound (?? not sure why) and then "we'll chat" she said.  They gave me a bunch of pamphlets and info, including the one about being old and preggo at the same time.  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment