Monday, May 24, 2010

just keeping up

So that I don't forget the dates entirely, I better get it all written down.
Wednesday (5/19) the Wheelers took D & I to look at shelter dogs (Gizmo needs a dog now w/India gone) but the one in our town was closed on Weds.  We looked in nearby towns and decided to try back the following day.
So Thursday afternoon they picked us up and we went to the local animal shelter.  From there we checked out a shelter in a neighboring town, and when I used the bathroom before leaving the facility I noticed spotting.  We had intended to go to another shelter, but Celeste decided we would go to the Dr. instead.
I was on and off the phone with said Dr for a while, and eventually they said I needed to go to radiology at the hospital for ultrasound.  I was almost there by the time they came up with that instruction.
Aunt Jenn came and got most of the kids, and I had both types of ultrasound.  The baby was sitting there as usual, heart rate was 150 bpm and the tech didn't know where the spotting had come from.
The next day the spotting finished clearing up and I called the nurse who said I needed to stay off my feet- no cleaning, shopping, etc....
By Saturday the spotting was gone but I stayed on bed rest. B did the cooking and cleaning up after (sort of) and D entertained himself mostly.  He did watch a movie with me- he was very sweet. =)\
Early Sunday morning I awoke feeling moist, and went to check and found bright red (heavier) bleeding with some clotting/tissue.  I stayed in bed all day yesterday, and it's starting to taper off again.  I'm starting to think it's another subchorionic hemorrhage, which I wasn't expecting but have heard you can carry to term with it and sometimes it resolves itself by 20 weeks or so.  I'm hoping to get in to see the Dr. today (Monday) instead of waiting until tomorrow.  If I can get a real u/s at the breast center it'll be far less painful than my new OB doing it, plus they will be able to see a lot more because it's a far more sensitive machine.  I'm also going to call my Fam Dr. who is an MD as well as a naturopath, to ask about red raspberry leaf capsules someone told me to take 9 of every day.  I worry that toning your uterus in early pregnancy might be similar to starting an exercise program after conceiving, when you hadn't been exercising before?  There's actually a great deal of conflicting information online.

No comments:

Post a Comment